"Researchers, engineers, and division specialists; you must ensure your own survival until an MTF extracts you from the ensuing pandemonium. Use your wit — and access cards — to survive. But be wary of the Class-D scurrying beneath you; they’ll do anything to escape their confines.Scientists are one of the five human classes in SCP: Secret Laboratory. They spawn in at the beginning of the round in Light Containment Zone. Their goal is to escape to the Surface and survive while cooperating with Facility Guards/MTF.
-Steam Store Page"
Official SCP Wiki Information
"Researchers are the scientific branch of the Foundation, drawn from the ranks of the smartest and best-trained research scientists from around the world. With specialists in every field imaginable, from chemistry and botany to more esoteric or specialized fields such as theoretical physics and xenobiology, the goal of the Foundation's research projects is to gain a better understanding of unexplained anomalies and how they operate."
Their main goal is to escape the facility and avoid any other hostile faction. Facility Guards and MTF cooperate with Scientists to help them escape.
Scientists share a victory with MTF, which is won if at least one Scientist escapes and all Chaos Insurgents, Class-D and SCPs are killed.
Scientists do not spawn with any ammunition.
- Nani?!: As a Class-D, kill a Scientist holding a keycard.
- Friendship!: As a Scientist, successfully upgrade your keycard with a Class-D.
- They are just resources...: Kill 50 D-Class's as an MTF or a Scientist.
- For Science!: Escape as a Scientist.
- If you want something done right...: Kill an SCP as a Scientist.
- Escape Artist: Escape the facility in 3 minutes or under.
- During the Halloween Event, Their bodies are invisible except for the hair and its moustache and their lab coat, and once they escape they're called "Ghost Frankers".
- In the April Fools 2018 update, the Scientist was renamed to Nerd.
- In the April Fools 2019 Event, the Scientist had its model change to have the part of the body turned inside-out from the torso up.
- The Scientist model was heavily inspired by the Angry Video Game Nerd, according to Hubert Moszka. Which is one of the reasons why they are nicknamed 'Nerd'. (AVGN's nickname)
- In the SCP:SL trailer, there appears to be a female scientist looting a cabinet that is seen at 0:16.
- In the game's files, the 2D textures for the scientist refer to him as "Pan Janusz". This translates to Mr. Janusz in English, which likely means this is the scientist's given name.
|Human Classes in SCP: Secret Laboratory|
|Foundation Personnel||Mobile Task Force • Facility Guard • Scientist|
|Facility Threats||Chaos Insurgency • Class D|