"A pack-dependent predator that intelligently mimics human voices to deceive and entrap its desired prey. Remember who your allies are. Be wary of who you trust. Don't fall for stray imitations, lest you’re repaid with a bite.
-Steam Store Page"
SCP-939 is one of the SCPs in SCP: Secret Laboratory, which can talk to human characters and locate other players through walls.
Official SCP Wiki Information
"SCP-939 are endothermic, pack-based predators which display atrophy of various systems...The skins of SCP-939 are highly permeable to moisture and translucent red...Each of their four limbs end in three-fingered claws with a fourth, opposable digit, and are covered in setae which considerably augment climbing ability. Their heads are elongated, devoid of even vestigial eyes or eye sockets...The jaw of SCP-939 are lined with red, faintly luminescent fang-like teeth...up to 6 cm in length, and encircled by heat-sensitive pit organs. Eye spots, sensitive to light and dark, run the length of their spined dorsal ridges. These spines may be up to 16 cm long and are believed to be sensitive to changes in air pressure and flow."
SCP-939 attacks players by biting them, dealing 65 damage per bite while also giving victims amnesia for 3 seconds.
SCP-939 can speak to humans by pressing V, and can sprint at 7 m/s with the sprint key. SCP-939 is able to sprint forever, unlike humans. SCP-939 makes no sound while walking, but it does makes the human sprinting sound while sprinting.
Another one of SCP-939's unique abilities is to see movement through walls, with its vision range based on movement, but it can only see in grayscale.
There are three levels of vision range based on what type of movement a player is doing. If a player is running, SCP-939 can see them from a long distance. If a player is walking SCP-939 can see them from a moderate distance. If a player is sneaking or standing still, SCP-939 cannot see them unless they are in extremely close proximity to 939 (Within biting distance). On the Surface, SCP-939 can see players regardless of whether they are moving or not.
SCP-939 can also see humans based on the loudness of weapons. The louder the weapon, the further away from where 939 is able to locate it. This is also affected by attachments on the weapon: suppressors and oil filters will reduce the range in which SCP-939 can see you, whereas barrel extenders will increase its range of vision. SCP-939 is also able to see grenades that have been thrown or dropped.
|SCP-939 attack sound. (#1)|
|SCP-939 attack sound. (#2)|
|SCP-939 attack sound. (#3)|
- Microwave Meal: Kill an SCP with the Micro HID.
- I'll Pass, Thanks: As an SCP, kill someone who's charging or firing the MicroHID.
- If you want something done right...: Kill an SCP as a Scientist.
- SCP-939 is the only playable SCP in the game to have more than one instance.
- SCP-939-89 and SCP-939-53 have different models due to a miscommunication, leading to two people making different models for SCP-939.
- During Halloween 2018 event, SCP-939's head was given a more pumpkin-esque appearance, with a glowing mouth as well.
- During the April Fools 2019 event, both instances of SCP-939 were converted into "Evil SCP-999", sharing a new player model and orange tint for the echolocation vision of the player.
- During Halloween 2020 event, SCP-939-89 had a violet glow while SCP-939-53 had a green glow and their breath was smoke which was the same color as they are.
- Both SCP-939 instances are commonly referred to as "dog" or "doggos" by the community, due to having similarities in appearance to dogs.
- SCP-939 was the only SCP to have the ability to talk to humans before SCP-079 was re-added in Megapatch 1.
- According to the names of the sound files for SCP-939's bite, they are tiger growls.SCP-939 was the only SCP to have the ability to talk to humans before.
- SCP-939 sometimes used to make the SCP-106 walking sound effect time to time.
|SCPs in SCP: Secret Laboratory|
|Playable SCPs||SCP-049 • SCP-049-2 • SCP-079 • SCP-096 • SCP-106 • SCP-173 • SCP-939|
|Item SCPs||SCP-018 • SCP-207 • SCP-268 • SCP-500|
|Event Only SCPs||SCP-330 • SCP-2536|