"A mere concrete sculpture, upon first glance. On second glance, you’ll notice it’s somehow closer. There is no third glance — you're dead by then.
-Steam Store Page"
Official SCP Wiki Information
"Moved to Site-19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.
Personnel report sounds of scraping stone originating from within the container when no one is present inside. This is considered normal, and any change in this behaviour should be reported to the acting HMCL supervisor on duty."
SCP-173 has the unique ability to move quickly and instantly kill human players by left clicking on them.
If SCP-173 is seen by a human, it will be unable to move (Other SCPs don't affect SCP-173 when viewing it). Humans staring at SCP-173 will start blinking at regular intervals, the time of which is increased when more players stare at SCP-173. When a human blinks, SCP-173 is only able to move a short distance in one direction. The blink mechanism is only active when SCP-173 is in sight of the player, otherwise players won't blink and SCP-173 can move freely.
If SCP-173 is within a room that has been blacked out, it is able to move freely, even if it is being stared at by a human (unless they have a Flashlight equipped).
Another unique ability is as SCP-173's health gets lower, it starts to move faster, allowing it to move further in between blinks.
|SCP-173's movement sounds.|
|Sound made when killing someone as SCP-173. (Variation 1)|
|Sound made when killing someone as SCP-173. (Variation 2)|
|Sound made when killing someone as SCP-173. (Variation 3)|
- Is this your first time?: Let SCP-173 snap your neck.
- Microwave Meal: Kill an SCP with the Micro HID.
- I'll Pass, Thanks: As an SCP, kill someone who's charging or firing the MicroHID.
- If you want something done right...: Kill an SCP as a Scientist.
- During the April Fools 2018 event, SCP-173 model was changed into a smaller and chubbier version of itself and was called "Peanut".
- During the April Fools 2019 event, SCP-173 model was changed into a smiling peanut and was called "Mr.Nut".
- SCP-173 was the first SCP ever written on the SCP wiki.
- SCP-173 is commonly referred to as "Peanut" and "The Nut" by the community, due to the similar shape shared between the two.
- The artwork SCP-173 is based on is made by Izumi Kato and photographed by Keisuke Yamamoto. The artwork is called "Untitled 2004".
- Although it is a being made of concrete and rebar, SCP-173 can be killed by the Decontamination Process due to the highly corrosive nature of its gas.
|SCPs in SCP: Secret Laboratory|
|Playable SCPs||SCP-049 • SCP-049-2 • SCP-079 • SCP-096 • SCP-106 • SCP-173 • SCP-939|
|Item SCPs||SCP-018 • SCP-207 • SCP-268 • SCP-500|
|Event Only SCPs||SCP-330 • SCP-2536|