"A mere concrete sculpture, upon first glance. On second glance, you’ll notice it’s somehow closer. There is no third glance — you're dead by then.SCP-173 is one of the SCPs in SCP: Secret Laboratory, which can move quickly when not in the line of sight of humans and instantly kill players by snapping their necks.
-Steam Store Page"
Official SCP Wiki Information
"Moved to Site-19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.
Personnel report sounds of scraping stone originating from within the container when no one is present inside. This is considered normal, and any change in this behaviour should be reported to the acting HMCL supervisor on duty."
SCP-173 has the unique ability to move and instantly kill human players by left clicking on them while no one looks at it (Other SCPs do not halt SCP-173 when viewing it). However, while being viewed, it cannot move. Human players viewing SCP-173 will start blinking at regular intervals, and depending on how many are viewing it at one time, it will move forward as people blink.
Another unique feature is as SCP-173's health gets lower, it starts to move faster, making it more dangerous as it has more damage inflicted on it.
- Is this your first time?: Let SCP-173 snap your neck.
- Microwave Meal: Kill an SCP with the Micro HID.
- I'll Pass, Thanks: As an SCP, kill someone who's charging or firing the MicroHID.
- If you want something done right...: Kill an SCP as a Scientist.
- SCP-173 was the first SCP ever written.
- Interestingly, the blink mechanism 173 is known for – moving while someone is blinking – is only active when 173 is nearby in the game, while the blink mechanism is always active in SCP: Containment Breach.
- The artwork SCP-173 is based on is made by Izumi Kato and photographed by Keisuke Yamamoto. The artwork is called "Untitled 2004".
- During the April Fools update for 2018, SCP-173 was called Peanuts.
|SCPs in SCP: Secret Laboratory|
|Playable SCPs||SCP-049 • SCP-049-2 • SCP-079 • SCP-096 • SCP-106 • SCP-173 • SCP-939|
|Item SCPs||SCP-500 • SCP-268 • SCP-207 • SCP-018|