"An extremely slender, frail-looking humanoid. It hides its face for a reason. Simply peering at it will induce a state of unstoppable rage, in which it massacres anything around with its immense strength. Running is futile. Don't even peek.SCP-096 is one of the SCPs in SCP: Secret Laboratory, which will slowly walk in a docile state until it becomes enraged by being hurt or having its face looked at by a human.
-Steam Store Page"
Official SCP Wiki Information
"SCP-096 is a humanoid creature measuring approximately 2.38 meters in height. Subject shows very little muscle mass, with preliminary analysis of body mass suggesting mild malnutrition. Arms are grossly out of proportion with the rest of the subject's body, with an approximate length of 1.5 meters each. Skin is mostly devoid of pigmentation, with no sign of any body hair.
SCP-096's jaw can open to four (4) times the norm of an average human. Other facial features remain similar to an average human, with the exception of the eyes, which are also devoid of pigmentation."
SCP-096 begins the game with 500 HP and 500 Hume Shield. Hume Shield is similar to Artificial HP, but will absorb 100% of the damage SCP-096 takes.
When docile, SCP-096 can hold Right Click on a closed door to lean up against it, causing its crying to become near silent.
SCP-096 will become enraged when looked at or when shot at by humans. Once enraged, SCP-096 will move slower for 6 seconds before gaining its enrage buffs.
Anyone that shot or looked at SCP-096’s face will become a target. SCP-096’s rage will last for 15 seconds, plus an extra 3 seconds for each additional target. Targets are made visible by markers only visible to SCP-096 (even targets wearing SCP-268 will be visible).
Each active target SCP-096 has will increase his Hume Shield by 200. There is no limit to the amount that can be gained.
While enraged SCP-096 can do the following:
- Jump very high and run incredibly fast.
- View targets through walls.
- Perform an AOE attack with Left Click that will instantly kill any targets and deal damage to anyone who got hit by it that wasn't a target.
- Left Click on doors to destroy them while enraged.
- Blast gates, Checkpoint doors, Prop doors, gates, and elevator doors cannot be destroyed.
- Perform a charge attack with Right Click that lasts 0.8s and causes SCP-096 to run at 25 m/s.
- This attack can be used to jump over large gaps.
- Humans in the charge's path will be killed.
- Doors charged at will be destroyed.
- If SCP-096 charges at a closed gate, they will force the gate open and go through it. The gate then quickly closes behind him. SCP-096 can not force open the gate in the middle of the Surface.
- The charge attack has a cooldown after being used. Charging through a gate will force the cooldown to end.
After the rage state ends, SCP-096 begins to calm down and moves slowly for a few seconds. SCP-096 will then enter a short cooldown phase before he can enrage again.
Once SCP-096's rage wears off, his Hume Shield returns to 500. If SCP-096 takes no damage for 10 seconds, its Hume Shield will slowly regenerate at 2 Hume Shield per second.
Previously, SCP-096 would have to be looked at for a certain amount of time before becoming enraged. It did not have the ability to see targets through walls. It was forced to break doors that were closed and was one of the shorter SCPs.
- Involuntary Rage-Quit: Die while entering a rage as SCP-096.
- Microwave Meal: Kill an SCP with the Micro HID.
- I'll Pass, Thanks: As an SCP, kill someone who's charging or firing the MicroHID.
- If you want something done right...: Kill an SCP as a Scientist.
- SCP-096 spawns outside its cell in the Heavy Containment Zone despite it being closed.
- In earlier versions of the game, SCP-096's enraged speed was equal to SCP-173's speed.
- During the April Fools 2019 Event, SCP-096 became SCP-096-BINGE, changing its player model to an obese version of SCP-096. Its screaming and ambient pitches were also lowered significantly.
- According to Wavepoole, Hume Shield was initially going to be called Aetheric Resistance but "everyone thought that was a stupid name besides me and Vess so we changed it."
- SCP-096 is the fastest and slowest SCP in the game.
- SCP-096's Hume Shield visual effect goes away once it has no more Hume Shield left.
- SCP-096's current model has less polygons than the legacy model.
|SCPs in SCP: Secret Laboratory|
|Playable SCPs||SCP-049 • SCP-049-2 • SCP-079 • SCP-096 • SCP-106 • SCP-173 • SCP-939|
|Item SCPs||SCP-500 • SCP-268 • SCP-207 • SCP-018|