Keycards are a group of items in SCP: Secret Laboratory, which are used to gain access to various utilities within the facility and access to different segments of the facility that would otherwise be locked off.
Keycards must be equipped to be used. When equipped, doors can be opened as long as the keycard used has the correct privileges and access levels. A keycard's access levels can be seen by opening the inventory and hovering over the keycard's inventory icon.
Each keycard has a unique set of the following ten access privileges, with a large range of some having only one or two privileges while others have nearly all ten.
Containment Chamber Tier 1
|Access to SCP-914's chamber.|
|Containment Chamber Tier 2||Access to SCP-012's and SCP-096's chamber.|
|Containment Chamber Tier 3||Access to SCP-106's and SCP-079's chamber.|
|Armory Tier 1||Access to the Light Containment Zone Armory, Ammunition room in the Heavy Containment Zone.|
|Armory Tier 2||Access to the armory at SCP-049's chamber, Alpha Warhead's Armory in Heavy Containment Zone, unlocking Generators.|
|Armory Tier 3||Access to the "Micro H.I.D." (Micro H.I.D Storage) room|
|Checkpoints||Opens the Checkpoints in the Light Containment Zone to the Elevator Systems and between the Heavy Containment Zone to the Entrance Zone.|
|Intercom||Allows access to the Intercom Room.|
|Exit||Allows access to open the large blast doors of Gate A and Gate B inside Entrance Zone.|
|Nuke||Allows access to the Alpha Warhead Remote panel on the Surface, as well as unlocking the Alpha Warhead button inside.|
Keycard Access Levels
This list of the available keycards and their access levels.
Several of the human classes begin the round and respawn with some form of keycard with various levels of access granted to them from the start.
Keycards can be found in different rooms and places throughout the facility, some randomly and some guaranteed. Detailed below is a list of possible keycard locations:
In the Light Containment Zone, low level keycards are scattered throughout and often in high numbers to help the high volume of Class D and Scientists escape from the facility.
- The Washrooms (Labeled WC-00) has a chance to hold a Scientist or Janitor keycard in one of four places. In the men's side sink or floor. In the women's side a keycard can possibly be found on the sink or toilet.
- SCP-012's containment chamber (Labeled #012) always holds a Zone Manager Card and has a chance to hold a COM15 Pistol.
- The PC Workroom (Labeled PC-15) always holds a Scientist keycard, which is randomly placed on one of the desks inside.
- The following rooms may have a Locker within the room which can be opened to find various low-level keycards:
Heavy Containment Zone has a moderate density of keycards and predictable locations but holds the only natural keycard that can open the Gates to the surface.
- The Server Room always holds a Scientist keycard, though it is placed randomly between the top floor behind some of the servers, or on the lower floor jammed between two of the servers in the back.
- The Alpha Warhead room always holds a Facility Guard keycard on the bookshelf in the middle of the room.
- SCP-096's containment chamber now always has a Lieutenant keycard, although it is locked behind a door.
The most common method of getting higher access keycards is by upgrading them at SCP-914 in Light Containment Zone.
To upgrade a keycard, you must leave a keycard in the intake side on the Fine or Very Fine setting. [Very Fine has about a 50/50 chance of destroying your card, but your card would be upgraded much further.]
Using the 1:1 setting will exchange it for something of equal value (Scientist card -> Zone Manager card -> Guard card).
Using Rough or Coarse will destroy or downgrade your card.
SCP-914 is contained at an area marked by "#914" above the door leading to it. Any keycard will allow you to enter. Below are a few keycard upgrade diagrams.
Here is are diagrams for the keycard upgrade paths for "Fine", "Coarse", and "1:1".
- Nani?!: As a Class-D, kill a Scientist holding a keycard.
- Friendship!: As a Scientist, successfully upgrade your keycard with a Class-D.
- Overpowered!: Pick up an 05-Keycard.
- The QR code on all the keycards gives binary that when converted to text says "Secure Contain Protect".
- Each keycard presents its name on the face of the card in text, with "Access Card" at the end.
- The Chaos Insurgency Access Device is the only "keycard" to not follow this commonality and even has a completely different model with a chip-like design along with changing the text that does not show all the text at once.
- The Research Supervisor keycard and its model used to have conflicting names, with the model showing it as the "Major Scientist Access Card".
- The MTF Cadet keycard also had a conflicting model and in-game name, with the model having the text "Senior Guard Access Card".
- Bulletproof Lockers are the only locker type that requires more than one type of keycard access level.
|Items in SCP: Secret Laboratory|
|SCP Items||SCP-018 • SCP-207 • SCP-268 • SCP-500|
|Tools||Keycards • Disarmer • Radio • Flashlight • Weapon Manager Tablet|
|Medical||Adrenaline • First Aid Kit • Painkillers|
|Miscellaneous||Ammo • Coin|