C.A.S.S.I.E., or the Central Autonomic Service System for Internal Emergencies, is Site-02's computer announcement system in SCP: Secret Laboratory, which serves to keep players informed on various events within and outside the facility.
C.A.S.S.I.E.'s job to keep the staff of Site-02 safe from breaches, fires, the Chaos Insurgency and any other biological threats. If any threats are detected, Site Management will be alerted and CASSIE will wait for a response. If no response is given CASSIE will act within its capabilities. CASSIE began operation in March of 2008 and function as a simple PA system that could act on its own to put out fires or detect a disease outbreak among the site's personnel.
On December 2014 CASSIE was upgraded giving it new capabilities. To minimize outside threats and hacking, CASSIE can't be controlled remotely. One needs Level 5 permission to access CASSIE's core to override it.
CASSIE serves as an announcement system for Site-02, alerting players to major events to their potential benefit. CASSIE is also the one who starts the decontamination of Light Containment Zone.
Whenever an MTF squad is spawned on the Surface, CASSIE will announce their arrival as well as the name of the MTF squad. CASSIE will also announce the presence of any SCPs or if there are none left, of any Class Ds or Chaos Insurgents.
Whenever an SCP is contained or killed, CASSIE will announce its containment to the entire Facility, alongside the team/MTF unit and method of which it was contained.
Alpha Warhead Detonation
As the round progresses, the Alpha Warhead may be activated. When it is first activated in a round, CASSIE will announce its activation and time left for players to leave the facility, as well as subsequent activation and deactivation and the times left until detonation.
Remote Admin Usage
- Cassie is voiced by Narlor.
- During the April Fools 2019 Event, CASSIE announcements were modified slightly to accommodate for certain changes.
- Containment of SCP-939, otherwise changed at the time into an "Evil SCP-999", would let out a CASSIE announcement which accurately identifies the re-containment of SCP-999.
- When the Alpha Warhead Detonation event first began in a match, the CASSIE announcement would be significantly slowed down and modified to match the accompanying background music of John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads" before returning to the typical announcement.
- ↑ Official Northwood C.A.S.S.I.E. design document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lJhWaunRINsqqv0igtm5R-KvT1gQOQH5PCbAYWcYEOE/edit#
- ↑ Official Northwood description of C.A.S.S.I.E.'s vocabulary: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1577299753
|Mechanics in SCP: Secret Laboratory|
|Player Mechanics||Inventory • Stamina • Respawn Tickets • Status Effects|
|Map/Zone Mechanics||Lockers • Decontamination Process • Alpha Warhead • C.A.S.S.I.E.|
|Other||Achievements • Music • Admin Panel • Alignment of Classes • 914 Upgrade Paths|
|Plugins||ServerMod2 • EXILED|
|Background, Lore, and Information in SCP: Secret Laboratory|
|Lore||SCP Foundation • Site-02 • C.A.S.S.I.E.|
|Misc.||Unused/Cut/Legacy Content • Changelog • SCP: Secret Laboratory|